Monday, February 8, 2010

A jungle birthday cake

Every year I make The Cisco Kid a very special Birthday Cake.  This year it was all about the Jungle theme and Zip line.

I had Publix make the cake and decorate it with the grass and water. I then molded all the Alligators, snakes, bananas and rocks out of chocolate. I had no idea how to mold chocolate like play dough so I decided to do an experiment.  I added equal parts of flour to melted chocolate bark.  It became the consistency I was looking for. I then added food coloring and made all the decorations. For the palm trees, I used pretzel sticks. I then piped leaves on top to create a Palm tree. I printed out a picture of The Cisco Kid zip lining and glued it on a piece of cardboard. He loved the idea hanging in the air above the Alligators mouth. 
   




No comments:

Post a Comment